Thank you for your interest in working for the Breckenridge Tourism Office.
We are currently seeking a part-time Information Specialist for the Welcome Center
Welcome Center Information Specialists are primarily responsible for providing exceptional guest service while consulting with visitors and locals on the activities and services available in Breckenridge. The position requires an ability to navigate multiple online and software systems to ensure accurate reservations and itinerary building. The ideal candidate would demonstrate an outgoing, helpful attitude and possess a personal interest in travel and tourism.
Position: $15 per hour |Part – time | Non- exempt | Merchant Ski Pass included
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides excellent service to every visitor who enters the Breckenridge Welcome Center, striving to use our 5 service standards in all interactions:
- We invite a conversation with you in the first 30 seconds of meeting you, respecting the fact that you are the reason why we are here.
- In the first two minutes of our conversation, you feel like you just made a new friend-like you now “know a guy” in Breckenridge.
- We get you excited to try a new Breckenridge experience during our conversation, AND set you up to make that experience happen before you move on.
- We want you to be excited to come back, and tell the story about your new adventure, and to tell your friends too!
- You leave Breckenridge feeling like it’s a special place-truly unlike any other ski town.Eagerly books reservations for activities and lodging
- Responds to guest inquiries (walk-in, telephone, email) in a courteous, consistent, and timely manner
- An avid learner able to understand and master multiple software and online reservation systems
- Continually expands knowledge and skills related to the job
- Arrive on time and complete opening and closing procedures thoroughly
- Keeps brochure & magazines stocked and tidy, and contacts sources when refills are needed
- Maintains daily log on visitor engagements
- Represents the BTO and the community in a professional and enthusiastic manner at all times
- Maintains a clean and organized work place
- Participates in vendor activities that are booked in the BWC
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
• Knowledge of Breckenridge retail, restaurants, and activities
• Computer savvy, able to navigate multiple software and online systems
- Guest service oriented, with an ability to treat each guest as an individual
- Highly motivated, team player, and able to manage multiple demands
- Proven outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Cash handling and reconciliation
If interested please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org