Merchant pass applications are now open! Apply via email and please allow 24 hours for processing. Employees may begin picking up processed passes beginning November 4th from 9am-4pm at the Gondola ticket office.
- Unlike Individual passes, the merchant pass belongs to the business, and may be transferred once, from one employee to another employee of the same business, for $110 for each transfer occurrence.
- Available for purchase all season.
Merchant Pass Offerings 20-21 Season
- VRI will offer a Merchant Epic Pass & Merchant Epic Local Pass
- The Pass prices will be offered at the Epic Pass spring launch rate of Merchant Epic Pass at $979 and Merchant Epic Local Pass at $729
- As a onetime offering and in recognition of a shortened 19.20 season, for each Merchant Pass purchased during the 19.20 season, Merchants will be eligible to receive a 20% credit for their 20.21 Merchant Passes purchases, if purchased prior to December 6th, 2020, taking the Merchant Epic pass price to $783 and the Merchant Epic Local Pass price to $583
- Merchant Epic & Merchant Epic Local passes will have the following restriction dates 11/27-11/28, 12/26-12/31, 1/16 & 2/13-2/14 at Vail, Beaver Creek, Whistler Blackcomb, Stowe, Northstar, Park City & Kirkwood.
- Merchant Passes will require reservations to access resorts and priority access will be granted until 12/7 for Merchant Pass holders to make up to 7 priority days of reservations prior to lift tickets going on sale starting 12/8.
- Merchant Epic & Merchant Epic Local pass access is listed here
How to Qualify
- Merchant must be in good standing with Breckenridge Tourism Office. All merchant pass information is distributed through the BTO.
Purchasing a Merchant Pass
- Merchant must read program policies thoroughly, then complete Form B (Merchant Application) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Merchant will be notified when approved (allow 24 hours).
- Merchant completes Proof of Employment form for each employee obtaining a pass. The employee will bring this form to the pass office along with ID and a pay stub. Do not email the employee form.
- Merchant will have an account set up, or re-activated, with a business credit card on file. The pass office will NOT be accepting cash or checks throughout the 20/21 season.
Transferring a Merchant Pass
Merchants are to call 970-496-5458 or 970-496-7339 to deactivate passes of employees who no longer work for their company.
- Each pass may be transferred one time to another employee working for the same business.
- A transfer fee of $110 will be charged to the merchant’s credit card on file.
- A completed and signed Form C( Merchant Pass Purchase/Transfer Form) and photo ID are required at time of transfer
- A pass can only be transferred to a like pas, ie. Epic to Epic or Local to Local.
Merchant Pass Refunds
- All applicable refunds will be given to the merchant, not the pass holder.
- If there is a medical injury and the pass is unused, we can refund 100%.
- If there was a medical injury and it was used, the refund will be calculated by charging the pass insurance per diem rate for each day used.
- If the pass was unused and no medical applies, we can refund the total value of the pass less a $25 processing fee.
Pass Holder Refunds
Refunding an individual’s previously purchased season pass who is now eligible for a Merchant Pass follows this timeline:
- 100% refunded if request for refund is prior to December 31, 2020.
- 50% refunded from January 1, 2021, through March 15, 2021.
- No refund after March 15, 2021